Protect the population and ensure the detection and prevention of crime; perform tasks for the maintenance of law and order.
Your good citizenship, your empathy and your ability to work with the public are the key skills of this profession. Your composure, your good physical condition and your reflexes will be solicited on a daily basis. Your qualities include: your sense of observation, your ability to work in a team and your ability to adapt to different situations.
Police officers protect the public, detect and prevent crime and perform other activities directed at maintaining law and order. They are employed by municipal and federal governments and some provincial and regional governments. This unit group includes railway police.
- Patrol assigned areas to maintain public safety and order and to enforce laws and regulations
- Investigate crimes and accidents, secure evidence, interview witnesses, compile notes and reports and provide testimony in courts of law
- Arrest criminal suspects
- Provide emergency assistance to victims of accidents, crimes and natural disasters
- Participate in crime prevention, public information and safety programs
- May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other police officers.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: