Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
Are you a naturally convincing communicator? Do you have an endless supply of new ideas? Apply your talent for innovation in the fields of advertising, marketing or public relations to deliver effective messaging to a range of audiences.
This unit group includes specialists in advertising, marketing and public relations who analyse, develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, analyse advertising needs and develop appropriate advertising and marketing plans, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Arrange interviews and news conferences
- Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.
*Literary agents specialize in representing specific types of authors and writers. Performance agents specialize in representing singers, musicians, actors or other performers. Sports agents specialize in representing specific athletes or sports teams.
Communications and journalism
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal