Program officers unique to government
Mainly handle the administration of programs that are under the management of government institutions and activities specific to the operation of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections.
You are not afraid of research, compliance with protocols and logistics. Your analytical skills and your discernment allow you to properly advise the players in place.
Program officers in this unit group are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.
- Advise politicians or diplomats on the social, economic and political effects of government decisions on other governments in Canada or abroad
- Plan intergovernmental meetings and conferences with officers of other municipal, provincial or federal governments
- Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of elections within constituencies and ensure that electoral and voting procedures are followed
- Co-ordinate administrative support services for legislative committees, royal commissions or tribunals
- Participate as a member of a board or tribunal
- Plan logistics and oversee diplomatic protocol of official visits to Canada by foreign politicians and dignitaries
- Explain Canadian foreign and domestic policies to governments and nationals of foreign countries, and act on behalf of Canada abroad.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: