Administer and coordinate activities related to the management and rental of real estate with property management companies, developers or the government.
To excel in this profession, you must be a specialist in contract writing and negotiation. Your sense of organization and your autonomy are essential to manage the maintenance, renovation or management teams.
Property administrators perform administrative duties and co-ordinate activities related to the management and rental of investment property and real estate on behalf of property and strata property owners. They are employed by property, real estate and strata services management companies, property development companies and by government.
- Negotiate or approve rental or lease of various properties in a portfolio on behalf of property owners and ensure that terms of lease agreement are met
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services, such as cleaning and maintenance, security services and alarm systems
- Co-ordinate the implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on buildings and monitor progress and cost of work for property owners
- Compile and maintain records on operating expenses and income, prepare reports and review rents to ensure they are at market value
- Ensure that trouble calls received from clients or tenants are acted upon
- Administer damage deposits
- May hire and supervise rental agents, property clerks, building superintendents or other support staff performing operational, clerical or maintenance duties.
ATTESTATIONS OF COLLEGIAL STUDIES (ACS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Montréal