Help your patients enhance and maintain their wellbeing, from psychological health to intellectual, emotional and interpersonal functioning. Apply your listening and analytical skills to improve your patients’ lives and increase their self-knowledge.
Psychologists assess and diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders, counsel clients, provide therapy, conduct research and apply theory relating to behaviour and mental processes. Psychologists help clients work toward the maintenance and enhancement of psychological, physical, intellectual, emotional, social and interpersonal functioning. Psychologists work in private practice or in clinics, correctional facilities, hospitals, mental health facilities, rehabilitation centres, community service organizations, businesses, schools and universities, and in government and private research agencies.
- Examine and assess behaviour, diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders, counsel clients and provide therapy
- Help clients manage physical illness and disorders
- Counsel individuals and groups to achieve more effective personal, social and vocational development and adjustment, and offer mediation services
- Use standard psychological tests for assessment
- Plan intervention programs and conduct program evaluation
- Apply psychological theory and principles regarding behaviour and mental processes such as learning, language development, memory and perception to develop treatment programs
- Formulate hypotheses and experimental designs, review literature, conduct studies and publish research papers, educational texts and articles
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Provide consultation services to government and other organizations.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal