Pulping, papermaking and coating control operators
Operate and monitor multifunctional materials and equipment to control the processing of wood, pulp residue, recyclable paper, cellulosic substances, pulp and cardboard in pulp and paper mills.
Methodical and applied, you like being in control to ensure the proper functioning of equipment and respect for processes. Your sense of observation, your precision and your judgment are sought.
Pulping, papermaking and coating control operators operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of wood, scrap pulp, recyclable paper, cellulose materials, paper pulp and paperboard. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
- Operate, co-ordinate and monitor pulping, papermaking and papercoating process equipment from central control room or machine consoles and control panels in equipment cabins to control process operations and machinery in the production of pulp and paper
- Control the processing of wood, scrap pulp, recyclable paper, cellulose materials, pulp paper and paperboard and monitor the chemical and physical process operations using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe panel indicators, gauges, video monitors and other instruments to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure pulping, papermaking and coating processes are operating according to process specifications
- Analyze instrument readings and production test samples and make adjustments or direct other pulp mill, papermaking and finishing machine operators to make adjustments to pulp production, papermaking and coating process and equipment as required
- Complete and maintain production reports.
DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL STUDIES (DVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec