Railway and motor transport labourers
Perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers, yard workers or road transport operators.
Your versatility and sense of initiative make you a professional of choice for this job where the tasks are varied. Your sense of observation, your concern for a job well done and your ability to be proactive are among the qualities sought.
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
Motor transport labourers
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
No secondary, college or university-level programs of study are indexed for this trade or occupation.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: