Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade
Sell goods and services, such as petroleum products, food products and clothing, to retail, wholesale and commercial clients.
Your natural ability to connect with people mixed with your business acumen and innate enthusiasm will make you a formidable salesperson.
Sales representatives, wholesale trade (non-technical), sell non-technical goods and services to retail, wholesale, commercial, industrial, professional and other clients domestically and internationally. They are employed by establishments that produce or provide goods and services such as petroleum companies, food, beverage and tobacco producers, clothing manufacturers, motor vehicles and parts manufacturers, hotels, business services firms, and transportation companies. Auctioneers are included in this unit group. Sales representatives, wholesale trade who are supervisors are also included in this unit group.
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Provide clients with presentations on the benefits and uses of goods or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sales or other contracts
- Consult with clients after sale or signed contracts to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Review and adapt to information regarding product innovations, competitors and market conditions
- Represent companies that export and import products or services to and from foreign countries
- May conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- May supervise the activities of other sales representatives.
ATTESTATION OF VOCATIONAL SPECIALIZATION (AVS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal