Secondary school teachers prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at public and private secondary schools. Secondary school teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
There are 1 216 791 students in Québec, and just as many reasons to become a teacher. Learn more at Québec.ca.
- Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate progress, determine individual needs of students and discuss results with parents and school officials
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May teach and evaluate students through distance or online courses
- May advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
- May supervise student teachers.
* Secondary school teachers may specialize in such areas as mathematics, English, French, special education or second language instruction. Secondary school teachers of vocational and trades subjects may specialize in areas such as hairdressing or auto mechanics.
- Enseignants à l'éducation préscolaire et au primaire
- Enseignants au collégial et en formation professionnelle et technique
Université d'OttawaTeacher Education - Intermediate/Senior division (Baccalauréat)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Côte-Nord et Nord-du-Québec
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal