Clean and recondition exterior buildings, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, chimneys, windows, carpets and any other surface using specialized techniques and equipment.
You like to use sophisticated machines and you are physically able to do so. Your autonomy, your efficiency and your thoroughness make you a professional of choice.
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
No secondary, college or university-level programs of study are indexed for this trade or occupation.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: