Statistical officers and research support
Research helps us understand social sciences, trends and developments. Contribute to the world of research by conducting statistical routines, analyzing trends, compiling data and preparing tables, graphs, summaries and reports.
Statistical officers and related research support occupations in this unit group provide statistical and research support services to a wide range of businesses and organizations. These workers conduct statistical routines, monitor trends, compile data and prepare charts, graphs, summaries and reports in support of organizational information needs and research activities. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Statistical officers who are also supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Compile tables, charts, graphs and summarized statistics for integration in research papers and reports
- Process data using statistical software to conduct basic analyses of trends in support of research activities
- Collect, consolidate, cross-tabulate and format data from various sources to prepare draft reports for review by supervisors or researchers
- Assist in collection and tracking of data from monitored use of services and provide information to management and client groups
- May prepare technical documents and monitoring reports on volumetrics and other trend analyses
- May supervise statistical and research support workers.
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: