Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
Retail establishments need to effectively showcase products and create an inviting customer experience in order to thrive. Receive products delivered to the store, price them and place them in sales areas. Prepare deliveries, bag purchases and be available to offer helpful service to customers.
Grocery clerks and store shelf stockers pack customers' purchases, price items, stock shelves with merchandise, and fill mail and telephone orders. They are employed in retail establishments, such as grocery, hardware and department stores, and in warehouses.
- Bag, box or parcel purchases for customers or for shipment or delivery to customers
- Carry customers' purchases to parking lot and pack in vehicles
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Use barcode scanning equipment to record incoming stock, verify pricing and maintain computerized stock inventory
- Price items using stamp or stickers according to price list
- Attach protective devices to products to protect against shoplifting
- Stock shelves and display areas and keep stock clean and in order
- Fill mail orders from warehouse stock
- Obtain articles for customers from shelf or stockroom
- Direct customers to location of articles sought
- May sweep aisles, dust display racks and perform other general cleaning duties
- May operate cash register and computer for electronic commerce transactions
- May order stock.
No secondary, college or university-level programs of study are indexed for this trade or occupation.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal