Supervisors and printing
Supervise and coordinate workers responsible for printing activities.
Passionate about printing, you also like to supervise, coordinate and plan the activities of the trades involved. You ensure a job well done, solve any problems, and find ways to improve productivity.
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders, process film, print text and illustrations on paper, metal and other material, and bind and finish printed products. They are employed by companies that specialize in commercial printing or one of its components, such as binding or colour reproduction, in combined printing and publishing companies, such as newspapers and magazines, and in various establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who produce camera work and printing plates and cylinders; process film; and print, bind and finish books, newspapers, business forms and other printed products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Review and approve all job proofs or samples in order to ensure quality of work meets client specifications
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems, provide technical advice and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines or equipment.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: