Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in minor groups: General Office Workers (141) and Office Equipment Operators (142). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing, record keeping and filing, operating telephones and switchboards, data entry, desktop publishing, and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
Office System Technology
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
administrative services supervisor; attendance records supervisor; clerical supervisor; contract clerks supervisor; co-ordinator, word processing service; data control supervisor; data entry clerks supervisor; data entry supervisor; desktop publishing supervisor; desktop publishing system supervisor; EDP (electronic data-processing) unit - supervisor; electronic data-processing (EDP) unit - supervisor; filing clerks supervisor; filing service supervisor; general office clerks supervisor; hospital admitting clerks supervisor; night supervisor, telephone system; nursing registry supervisor; office clerks supervisor; office machine operators supervisor; office services supervisor; office supervisor; operations supervisor; personnel clerks supervisor; photocopy unit supervisor; price information clerks supervisor; receptionists and hostesses supervisor; receptionists supervisor; records clerks supervisor; records management services supervisor; records management supervisor; records office supervisor; registration unit supervisor; registry supervisor; supervisor, attendance records; supervisor, contract clerks; supervisor, data control; supervisor, data entry clerks; supervisor, desktop publishing operators; supervisor, desktop publishing system; supervisor, EDP (electronic data-processing) unit; supervisor, electronic data processing (EDP) unit; supervisor, filing clerks; supervisor, filing service; supervisor, general office clerks; supervisor, hospital admitting clerks; supervisor, nursing registry; supervisor, office clerks; supervisor, office machine operators; supervisor, office services; supervisor, personnel clerks; supervisor, photocopy unit; supervisor, price information clerks; supervisor, receptionists; supervisor, receptionists and hostesses; supervisor, records clerks; supervisor, records office; supervisor, registration unit; supervisor, switchboard operators; supervisor, telephone operators; supervisor, unit clerks; supervisor, word processing unit; switchboard operators supervisor; telephone operators supervisor; telephone service supervisor; telephone system night supervisor; telephone system supervisor; unit clerks supervisor; word processing service co-ordinator; word processing unit supervisor.