Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in minor groups: General Office Workers (141) and Office Equipment Operators (142). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing, record keeping and filing, operating telephones and switchboards, data entry, desktop publishing, and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: