Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing and packaging machines, and workers who grade food, beverage and associated products. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and associated products processing establishments.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who process, package, test and grade food, beverage and associated products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other report.
* HACCP co-ordinators identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions:
- Grande région de Québec
- Grande région de Montréal