Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Mail, Postal and Related Workers (1511), Letter Carriers (1512) and Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors (1513). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
No secondary, college or university-level programs of study are indexed for this trade or occupation.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: