Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Shippers and Receivers (1521), Storekeepers and Partspersons (1522), Production Logistics Co-ordinators (1523), Purchasing and Inventory Control Workers (1524), Dispatchers (1525) and Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers (1526). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products, processing purchasing transactions, co-ordinating production work, dispatching crews, scheduling transportation crews and routes, operating airport ramp servicing vehicles, and other related activities
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: