Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
Perform support tasks related to broadcasting, film production and the performing arts within radio and television networks and stations, recording studios, film production companies and videos, companies and theatre groups.
Passionate about art and communication, you work well under pressure and like to work in a team. You are renowned for your initiative, your efficiency and your organizational skills, as well as for your interpersonal skills and your ability to adapt to various situations.
This unit group includes workers who perform support duties related to broadcasting and to the production of motion pictures and the performing arts. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies and by theatre and stage companies. This unit group also includes projectionists employed by movie theatres.
- Camera crane operators set up, assemble, adjust, maintain and replace reels and projector equipment; detect and repair mechanical and electrical problems; and change and install an electronic control panel using automated equipment.
- Production assistants provide support to the director and producer, and are responsible for various aspects of production such as preparing schedules, setting up equipment, and making travel arrangements to various shooting locations.
- Motion picture projectionists check the condition of the copy; set up and load film reels on movie theatre projection systems, adjust focus, sound levels and other projector and theatre settings; and maintain projection equipment.
- Props persons and set builders assemble, repair, place, build and oversee props.
- Script assistants distribute scripts to actors; keep detailed notes of all actions, positions and camera angles; and photograph and date scenes.
- Grips and riggers rig, place, move and dismantle sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Dressers clean, maintain, transport and store costumes, and assist performers to dress in costumes.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: