Tour and travel guides
Accompany people and groups on trips, city sightseeing tours, visits to historic places and establishments such as famous buildings, factories, cathedrals and theme parks.
Fan of travel and curious by nature, you like to share your knowledge with others. Your smile and your dynamism are contagious and, thanks to your resourcefulness, you are never caught off guard during unexpected events. You master foreign languages and you have an unparallelled sense of organization and good physical condition.
Tour and travel guides escort individuals and groups on trips, on sightseeing tours of cities and on tours of historical sites and establishments such as famous buildings, manufacturing plants, cathedrals and theme parks. They also provide descriptions and background information on interesting features. Tour and travel guides are employed by tour operators, resorts and other establishments or may be self-employed.
- Transport or escort individuals or groups on tours of cities, waterways and industrial and other establishments
- Describe points of interest, answer questions and supply information
- Provide historical and cultural facts related to the site
- May collect admission fees and sell souvenirs.
- Escort individuals and groups on vacation and business trips
- Ensure that reservations for transportation and accommodations are confirmed and that prepared itineraries are met
- Visit and describe points of interest and plan and carry out recreational activities
- Resolve problems with itineraries, service and accommodations.
DIPLOMA OF COLLEGE STUDIES (DCS)
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: