Transportation route and crew schedulers prepare operational and crew schedules for transportation equipment and operating personnel. They are employed by municipal transit commissions, truck, delivery and courier companies, railways, airlines and by other transportation establishments in both the private and public sectors.
- Review schedule requisitions, passenger counts and cargo, running times, distances, personnel availability and other pertinent information to establish schedule parameters
- Design new or modify existing schedules using computer software or other methods
- Incorporate into route plan factors such as peak travel periods, holidays, special events and construction with emphasis on time and cost efficiency
- Assign personnel to equipment and routes and schedule work shifts
- Compile equipment and personnel records, including hours in service, distances, maintenance, repairs required and other data, to produce operating reports
- May prepare user guides and other public service information.
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: