University professors and lecturers
Give courses to students and do research in universities.
You have as much interest in teaching and pedagogy as in research. Organized, structured and autonomous, you like to learn and improve yourself continuously. Of course, you have a great ability to communicate and listen, and contact with young adults drives you.
University professors and lecturers teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities. University professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group.
- Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
- Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
- Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
- Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters
- Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
- May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
- May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
- May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
More informationMore information on this job on IMT online
This trade is in highest demand in these regions: